Meticulous Details Lead to Tremendous Results
The devil is in the details. Today’s fancy kitchens entail considerable attention to details by general contractors and remodelers when it comes to planning and installing a kitchen. But the result of meticulous attention to such things is client satisfaction and customer referrals.
“People show great interest in getting more detailed in the functionality of the kitchen. They’re asking things like, ‘Where can we put our pots?’ or ‘I saw this on HGTV.’ “
How Long Should You Spend on Planning Your Kitchen Remodel?
According to the National Kitchen and Bath Association, you should be spending at least six months on the planning stage. That may sound too much at first, but here’s why:
- Prevents random design changes during construction, which may increase the remodeling cost
- Helps you plan your renovation budget
- Gives you time to set up an alternative cooking space while your kitchen is being remodeled
- Makes the renovation more efficient
- Allows you to prepare for other expenses like new kitchen furniture and equipment
- Lets you select the best timing for the renovation
- Gives you time to shop around for great deals on your remodel
In general, the more time you spend on planning your kitchen remodel, the smoother the process will go. It also helps you avoid stressful surprises and lets you have contingency plans in place in case of renovation issues.
When you consider the benefits, six months is not too long to ensure that everything goes right during your kitchen renovation project.
A kitchen remodel is one of the best ways to freshen up your home. It turns the kitchen into a more beautiful, efficient, and pleasant place to have breakfast with the family, get the bills and homework done, and share delicious meals and memories with your loved ones.
Now that you’ve decided on doing a kitchen remodel, it’s time to plan accordingly. But what sort of planning goes into a successful kitchen renovation? Choice Cabinet shares some tips and ideas to help you get started.